Emergency Lights: Pricing and Process
When does your installation need testing?
BS 5266 suggests all installations require testing over certain periods of time. Emergency Lights are essential for safety in your workplace as everyone needs to be able to see to evacuate a building in event of a power outage or disaster. These lights are battery powered by siphoning the electric source and they will last up to 3 hours without mains power. More information can be found on our FAQ page.
How do we price this?
As mentioned in a previous post, each electrical contractor has different pricing based on which package a customer chooses, how long they’ve used said contractor and the quantity of emergency lights there are in your premise. These lights also have different types and different obstacles (e.g a certain height) meaning if certain requirements are needed to test or replace lights the price could rise. Electrician rates can vary depending on the longevity of the job and the amount of staff required for the works.
What will we do?
AEL are specialist testers and have placed our electricians in multiple works, building their experience massively in commercial and industrial installations. They will cover your:
- Log book and instruct you how to carry out your monthly checks.
- We will carry out a full 1 or 3hr run down test and log all results for you.
- Issue with certification of compliance in both pdf and paper format.
- If you take a further safety service discounts will apply.
- You can be sure that when we leave and have signed off your premises you will be fully compliant.
Be certain you’re safe and contact AEL for your fixed wire testing today on 01302 746 295.